Altering or improving hair color is common practice for both women and men. However, there’s a darker side to this practice which is all too prevalent and that’s staining your sink shower, or bathtub doors.
Have you had this happen to you? If so, you might be looking at those vibrant streaks and spots and wondering how long they will last.
Don’t despair! There are many methods to get rid of hair dye from both fiberglass and porcelain surfaces, including the following:
- Alcohol for rubbing. Apply some of this powerful cleaner onto cotton balls or a rag and then wipe off the stain. Be sure to stay clear of painted surfaces as alcohol could be able to remove paint as well.
- Remover of nail polish. Acetone, the active ingredient in nail polish remover can also work wonders on hair dye staining. Beware of any wooden or painted finish. To give your cleaning a bit more power, try an Magic Eraser.
- Vinegar, baking soda and. Create a paste made of these two natural ingredients. Use the sponge or an old toothbrush to clean the stain off the surface. Rinse, and repeat as needed.
- The essential oils of Lemon. Another natural cleaning alternative This powerful cleaner will naturally bleach the areas and it is safe to use on nearly all surfaces.
- OxiClean as well as Water. Mix these two ingredients to create an extremely effective (and multiple-purpose) cleaner. You could make use of a nylon brush or a kitchen scrubbing sponge to clean the region. Be sure that the sponge is not scratching.
- Soft Scrub with bleach. Soft Scrub has just the right mix of cleaning solutions, power whitening and non-abrasive grit that can remove virtually every bathroom stain. Use a little water and a small amount or cleaner onto a sponge and scrub the spots off of the sink or bathtub.
- Softsoap and waterAnother popular method used to clean hair soap out of the sink is making use of soap and water. This is an easy and efficient way to eliminate the dye, but you’ll require something to remove the dye. The best way to do this is to wet the cloth with a towel, then using soap and then rubbing the sink.
Was it successful? If yes, we’re happy to help the same way we would be for any plumbing needs you may have. If you need exceptional repair, service and plumbing installations get in touch with us your local renovation serviceswho is able to handle everything.